Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Journey

My journey would have to be when we went to New York City, in May, with choir this year. It was and adventure of many firsts for me. It was my first time to go on an air plane, first time to be out of the state of Texas without my parents, first time going to New York, first time having to monitor my own money spending without my parents help, and many more. I thought that it would be terrible, but that I needed to go to get over the fear and so it would or could be easier next time. The trip actually went way better than I expected. I had a ton of fun and of course learned a few lessons while I was there. When I came home my parents could tell a difference in me or my mom could. I did not know what she was talking about, but apparently whatever change she was talking about was noticeable. While I was there I learned to appreciate what I had and the opportunities that I get. I also kind of got to experience living without my family at all which in a way is a scary thought but it was cool with friends and knowing I would go back to see them. Another thing that I think everyone learned was proper hygiene, like ALWAYS wash your hands!!! Even though I was pretty good about it before it helped me to learn to be better aware of our surroundings, not only where are we, but who's around us and what are they doing. Only you had to this while walking and talking and thinking and I was so thankful I could multitask. My parents said that it seemed as though I was acting a little more grown up when I came back, which is what I think my mom meant by different.

It never occurred to me how much I would ever miss my family even though I would only be gone for a few days. Most of all I missed my younger brother, Joe Jones. Though we fight ALL of the time I still love him and wished he was there the whole time even though I knew I would come home wishing he would go bug someone else. Every time I walked passed a tall building I would picture what his face would look like if he were seeing what I was. Being in New York also taught me something about my brother, like that he bugs because he loves me, and even though he will not admit it I know he missed me, too. I also realized that my brother has a very unique mind and from what I can tell will sometimes analyze things. When we go on vacation the littlest things seem to amaze him, which is why I hop he also has the opportunity that I did. Though it was a rather short journey I learned many little things on it and experienced many firsts. I am very glad i was able to go on this journey especially with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment