Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Faith in God


My faith and love for God is stronger and bigger than anything else. I know he feels the same way about me too and will always protect me. God is there to protect me he created me. My religion and faith has always and I mean ALWAYS been a part of me and who I am. I am a Christian and as you will find out later accepted Jesus/God as my savior at a very young age. No matter how big of a mess I am in God will always get me out I know he will, because I have faith in him. A definition of faith is believing, trusting in, and having loyalty to God. My faith in God is strong for many reasons. First, because I know and love him. Second, because of all the things he has helped me through, particularly in the last year. Then, third, by putting Jessica Hamilton in my life, even for the short time that was.

I spend A LOT of my time with God. Whether it be in prayer, devotion, or in worship. He's just a part of me and with all the times I mention him you can probably guess that. He also helps me out. Last year I was going through tough times. Anywhere from fights or arguments with friends to crying because of my youth pastor leaving, it was just hard for me. I was so low and kept on thinking that I thought could not get any lower, but boy did God prove me wrong. He was literally carrying me on my shoulders. It has taken me a while to cope with the changes, but with God I know I will get through it because like I have said I have faith in him.

Lastly, Jessica Hamilton has also strengthened my faith. She taught me so much in the three years that I was lucky to have a chance to know her. She is still with me and in my heart everywhere I go. The one thing that I learned from her is there is no excuse not to skip spending time with the lord. She always made me laugh from the huge smile on her face to the kindness of her heart. I remember if I was having a bad day she would treat me as if i was worse than her, not in a bad way but she would try to do anything to make me feel better and of course it worked. One thing that will always stick with me about Jessica is what one of my friends told me about her. We were talking after Jessica passed away and she told me I remember watching Jessica give her testimony to a teacher and hearing it. So she told me and I broke out in tears. Thinking of Jessica still brings tears to my eyes, it also makes me think of how she is in a better place and all of people, including me that she helped. This strengthened my faith by knowing even if it is not what I want God does have a plan and it may not be benefiting you but someone else and that to is another thing Jessica liked helping people. Every time I think of my faith or faith in general Jessica seems to pop up in the back of my mind. I have faith in God to help me over come an obstacle and do what he knows is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment