Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Mentor

My Mentor is none other than my older cousin Shelley Egan. She has always been there for me and i love her so much. Even though we are quite a few years apart, in fact we are about seven years apart I still look up to her. Now that I think about it she has always been my mentor ever since I was little. I remember going to gymnastics every week and looking over and seeing Shelley doing the big girl tumbling and stuff and always saying I was going to be just like her. Then, she moved into high school and became a cheerleader at North Mesquite, and I would want to go to every game to see her. As she graduated high school and moved into college as a cheerleader at Stephen F. Austin I still supported and support her.

I am very glad that she has been so successful because it helps me realize I have picked a wonderful person to look up to. Though we do not necessarily have the same interests I know she still and always will support me. She has always been there for me pretty much whenever I need her. Even while she has been in college I still get texts and see her on holidays. No matter what I wanted to do when I was younger she would play with me even though she was out of the Barbie phase as I was going into it, she would play with me for hours. She would do pretty much anything for me and I love her for that. I have always looked up to her and I know she will always be there no matter how far away she is these things and many more make her my mentor.

1 comment:

  1. you're so sweet! I know me being away from home kinda stinks but I do think about you lots!!! and you're right... I am alway here for you no matter what I'm only a phone call away!!!
    <3, Baby Shelley

    ReplyDelete