Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Threshold Guardian

My very dear and best friend is Lyndsey Sneed. I have known Lyndsey or rather she has known me since my first breath in this world. She was at the hospital with her family the day, hour, minute, second I was born. She has always been like more of a sister than a friend which is partly why I think she is my threshold guardian. It has not been the typical best friend situation for us, we really acted more like enemies when we were younger we would treat each other so terrible and break each others toys only to come back today and laugh about it. She is my threshold guardian because of all of this, the bad times, not just the good times but, yes, the horrible awful times we had together, also.

She has taught me so much not just about school and growing up, but also life and friendship. The times when we would fight brought us together the most because it taught me so much. She challenges me everyday and sometimes I fail but it helps me because the next time I am faced with that problem I will know what not to do. If ever I cannot get through a problem I know she will help me. The one thing she has helped me with the most is my relationship with God. She used to challenge me to learn a new memory verse every week but now she challenges me to spend time with God everyday even when I don't feel like doing anything at all. She always helps me and prays for me when I am going through a tough time. Though we do fight we will always come back laughing about it again and someday she will read this and know how much she means to me and has helped me. It is not the help but the challenges she puts me through that makes her my best friend and threshold guardian.

No comments:

Post a Comment